Saturday, March 6, 2010

exquisitely exhausted.

I was txt-talking with a friend today and he said, "Life is fun."
And that's such a simple statement, nothing deep or difficult about it but it may be the most beautiful and poetic thing i've heard all week. There's more truth in those 3 words than in the entire newspaper i read on set yesterday.
I woke up yesterday around 9am and leisurely laid in bed a while longer before getting up and ready for the day ahead of me. After a long while on the computer, a few chapters reading, and a little dance around the apartment (In This City by Iglu & Hartly was the song of choice) i finally got dressed and went down to get coffee: one grande iced caramel machiatto and one venti from my favorite baristas @ the Starbucks on LangSuan (:
I got picked up at noon and hit the set around 1pm, just in time for some scorching sun. After almost 2 hours of makeup, hair, and wardrobe i was finally ready... to jump feet first into the pool. Yes, fully decked out as if i were going to the King's ball, i jumped feet first into a pool. If you'd like to see pictures, click HERE (: After a few jumps, lots of swirly swimming, and a couple of ounces of water up my nose, we all climbed out of the pool and secretly patted ourselves on the back for successfully accomplishing the first half of the shoot- and all before sunset! 
After showering off and switching back into my oh so normal clothes we all met up at the second location, ABAC University Bangna where the architecture alone makes you forget that you're in Bangkok. Big grand pillars and wide archways leading into atriums and elaborately decorated ceilings and ornate light fixtures, it's as if Europe gave birth to a small collection of buildings here in Bangkok and left them to grow and fend for themselves. Either way, it was perfect for what we were going to shoot.
After a quick dinner and another long hour of make up and hair, i was finally camera ready around 7pm. I don't know for certain who designed the dress for this commercial but i'd believe them if they said Coco Chanel herself. It's amazing. It's like 20 yards of red chiffon wrapped around a gorgeous satin red corset that magically created some illusion of a bust for little ol'me whose frame mother nature mostly forgot to bless. 
The primary movement in the whole commercial is me running around in this fabulous red dress- a dress that was MADE for movement- and i spent 8pm til 6am running and falling then running some more... i ran in the red stilettos til my feet cried and turned red then i ran barefoot til the bottom of my feet were as black as ash... then i fell down til i skinned a knee then i ran through puddles as if i were Cinderella and the clock were striking midnight... except it was actually about 5am... and i was beyond delirious. I tend to ramble when i'm delirious. I'm like that woman who wanders the street muttering to herself- you know the one, you can almost imagine the 7 cats she has at home and what she's named them; silly names like hagatha and emeraldine... ANYWAY i own no cats but delirium on set is an old friend. It's been a while since i've worked a 16+ hour day- it's been almost 2 months to be exact- but reliving it feels like running into an old friend at the corner coffee shop. Its moments like these where i look back and realize i've been doing this for 13 years and nothing really phases me anymore. I become fearless and alive and terrified all at once because never once have i forgotten my mortality but it's fun to pretend i'll live forever, even if only through film.
So after a long long day on set we drove home through the city as people were waking up to enjoy their weekends, monks out receiving alms, the markets bustling with fresh goods, kids waking up to a warm cooked breakfast and the promise of play and no school... it took me an hour to wash off my make up, shower, wash my hair and finally get in bed; the time was 8:30am. Thank goodness for thick curtains and a comfy bed. I don't remember falling asleep (do we ever?) and i don't remember hearing either of my alarms go off or the phone ring or ANYTHING for that matter. I slept so deep, so soundly, so intensely that i didnt move all night- or all day rather. And i certainly didnt wake up at 1pm as i had intended... no, sleeping beauty here woke up at 6pm utterly confused. I rolled over and cursed myself for waking up because i thought it was around noon, only to discover that it was 6pm and i had slept away the ENTIRE day. Good thing i didn't have work today too or i would have been in real trouble. Instead, however, i had the nice treat of going to a movie with a friend- Alice in Wonderland to be exact and i wont even get into my opinions here but i will say, Tim Burton is an amazing man. 
SO i have now been awake for about 7 hours and i've been waiting to fall back asleep since oh about 4 hours ago... talk about a wreck... P.S. my body is a mess, i'm bruised in all kinds of places and i ache in the oddest ways- i can't tell if i need more sleep or an actual body work up... but i'm definitely going to get a massage tomorrow! 
Well ladies and gentlemen that was my day / night/ day in a nutshell... i'm sure i've got all kinds of awesome things to tell you except my friends Delirium and Sleepiness are here and i'm afraid they're rather demanding. i'll bid you all good night for now and remind you to never turn down the chance to do something impossible.


"nothing is impossible
the word itself says
i'm possible!"
~ Audrey Hepburn.


love love loving
taya*

2 comments:

Farah said...

Hahahaha! That thing about the muttering woman with 7 cats, that just cracked me up. It got me thinking about the crazy woman with her cats on The Simpsons.

Seems like you had a fun and exhausting day/night/day. I'm like that too, I love fun but I also love fun, productive and exhausting days. Like when I've been in the airpoart waiting for hours and hours (okay that's not very productive, still like it), mom hates it but I l-o-v-e it cuz I like the airport, the mix of people from different countries, like I'm in another exciting country or world.
I'm really liking the quote at the end. Never thought of it like that. The quote is so true + I love Audrey Hepburn.=P

Have a wonderful day/night/morning lol.



PS: I've seen ABAC on the net, it's freaking beautiful. They could film Harry Potter there...

Anonymous said...

to farah! haha me too i love airports. Every time i drive pass an airport i always say i want to fly. Love the last quote, thanks taya.